The Legal Insider: Mr. Alain P. Lecours’ letters
Mr. Alain P. Lecours, lawyer, regularly distributes a free legal newsletter entitled “The Legal Insider” to his clients and business partners. The Legal Insider is a compilation of texts with various legal topics of interest for the business community. In order to make the contents of our newsletter easily accessible, comprehensive and relevant for our clients and contacts, we adopt a strategic and practical approach to the problems we encounter. Therefore, the content of the newsletter is more oriented towards practical concepts. You may access our previous texts by consulting the following links.
If you wish to subscribe to The Legal Insider distribution list, please click on the following link: Subscribe to newsletter. To subscribe, the only thing you need to do is enter your email address. We do not collect any personal information about our subscribers. We also guarantee that our distribution list will not be sold, transferred or otherwise transmitted to a third party. By subscribing to The Legal Insider, you will only receive our newsletter: we do not send any other document and/or publicity to our subscribers. Moreover, you will be free to unsubscribe from our distribution list whenever you wish to by following the steps at the bottom of The Legal Insider newsletter page.
For further information, we invite you to communicate with Mr. Alain P. Lecours, lawyer, at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Law in Canada
- Business Acquisition & Due Diligence – An Unbreakable Rule
- Canada and Québec – Gateway to the North American Market
- Client’s line of credit – basic rules and principles
- Negotiating the sale of a business: The issues at stake
- Sale of a Business: Opportunities at the Dawn of the 21st Century
- Sovereignty of Canadian Laws Facing the American Neighbour
- The Distribution Contract and Product Goodwill
- The Distribution Contract and Territorial Exclusivity
- The Distribution Contract: Territorial Exclusivity and Product Goodwill
- The Particularities of Joint Venture Agreements
USA Patriot Act
- Extraterritorial Effects of the USA Patriot Act – Privacy Rights of Non-American Citizens
- USA Patriot Act (Reference documents)
Corporate law in Canada
- Corporate governance laws & the liability of corporate directors.
- Corporations: A Convenient Business Vehicle for Professionals
- Directors’ clash of interests
- Shareholders’ Agreements: Essential or Superfluous?
- The BCE Case: Consequences on the Duties of Boards of Directors
- Employee Suspension: With or Without Remuneration?
- Employee vs. Autonomous Worker: Consequences of Erroneous Qualification
- Rules & Principles Governing Dismissals in Québec
- Strategic Aspects of the Employment Contract
- Surveillance cameras in work environment & privacy
Intellectual Property Law
- Business’ Name, Trade-Mark, and Domain Name: An Essential Symbiosis
- Intellectual property law trademarks in the european union
- Internet File-Sharing of Copyright-Protected Works: A Canadian Perspective
- Patents, Copyrights & Industrial Designs – Essential Distinguishing?
- Protecting your business’ goodwill: Google Adwords
- Trade Secrets in Canadian Intellectual Property Law
- Trade-Mark: An Underrated Asset